When you’re working hard in your workouts, you need good healthy recipes to keep you on track and fuel your body efficiently! Make sure those recipes are as delicious as this Baked Salmon with Asparagus and Garlic Lemon Butter Sauce. This is a quick recipe that will delight your taste buds and satisfy your whole body!!
2 salmon fillets
2 tablespoons vegetable broth
1 1/2 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
1 tablespoon of your favorite hot sauce
4 teaspoons minced garlic (4 cloves)
Salt and fresh ground black pepper, to taste
3-4 tablespoons butter, diced into small cubes
2 tablespoons fresh chopped parsley
1 lb medium-thick asparagus, woody ends trimmed
1. To prepare the oven-baked salmon in foil packs: Preheat your oven to 425ºF. Cut 2 sheets of 14x12-inch heavy-duty aluminum foil. In a small bowl, combine the ingredients for the sauce: broth, lemon juice, and hot sauce.
2. Season both sides of the salmon fillets with salt and pepper and divide salmon onto the aluminum foil near the center then place trimmed asparagus to one side of the salmon, following the long direction of the foil.
3. Sprinkle garlic on top of both salmon and asparagus. Drizzle the sauce (broth, lemon juice, and hot sauce) generously over the salmon fillets and asparagus.
4. Divide butter pieces evenly among the foil packets, layering them over the salmon fillet and asparagus.
5. Wrap salmon foil packets in and crimp edges together then wrap ends up. Don’t wrap too tight – keep a little extra space inside for heat to circulate.
6. Transfer the salmon foil packs to a baking sheet and bake salmon in the oven, sealed side upward until salmon has cooked through, about 9 – 12 minutes.
7. Carefully unwrap the baked salmon in foil packets then drizzle with more lemon juice and garnish with fresh parsley and a slice of lemon. Enjoy!
Recipe and photo courtesy of: Eatwell101