This fast and easy dinner is a must try for the warmer weather ahead! Whip up these Cajun Shrimp Kabobs anytime, whether it’s a weeknight or a weekend get together!! This is an especially perfect recipe for keep kitchen mess minimal. For a more tropical flare try adding pineapple to your skewers before grilling!
1.5 pounds large shrimp, peeled and deveined (tails on or off)
12-14 ounces smoked sausage, cut into 1/2 inch rounds
3-4 cloves garlic
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 tablespoons Cajun seasoning (try
2 medium bell peppers, chopped into 1-inch pieces (colors of choice)
1 medium onion, chopped into 1-inch pieces
1. Before beginning, you will want to prepare your skewers ahead of time. If using metal skewers then no preparation is necessary. If you’ll be using wooden skewers you will want to soak them to avoid burning them during the grilling process. Soak your wooden skewers in warm water for 15-30 minutes before using them.
2. In a large bowl, combine the shrimp, sausage, minced garlic, olive oil, and cajun seasoning. Stir to combine.
3. Thread the shrimp, sausage, bell pepper, and onion onto skewers. (Add optional pineapple chunks at this point also)
4. Pre-heat grill to medium-high heat. Grill skewers 2-3 minutes per side.
5. To serve: Drizzle with fresh lemon juice and garnish with fresh cilantro, if desired. Enjoy!!
Recipe and photo courtesy of: gimmedelicious