If you’ve ever tried some of the more popular protein bars then you know sometimes they are so tasteless and dry!! Instead of spending the money buying them we love to make our own! Here’s a recipe for a super tasty homemade protein bar that actually tastes delicious. 🍫🥜
Peanut Butter Chocolate Protein Bars
Serving Size: 1 bar
Calories: 209 kcal
Protein: 9 grams
* 10 pitted medjool dates
* 1/2 cup peanuts
* 1/2 cup egg white protein powder (or collagen/vegan protein powder)
* 2 Tablespoons cocoa powder
* 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
* 1–3 Tablespoons of water (if needed)
* 2 Tablespoons dark chocolate chunks or chips
1. Line a loaf pan with parchment paper. Add dates, peanuts, protein powder, cocoa powder and sea salt into the base of your food processor. Process until everything is combined and peanuts are broken down into tiny bits.
2. At this point the mixture might be sticking together well and forming a ball of dough. If so, great! If not, it may be dry and not really sticking together. If this is the case you’ll want to add a little water. Add 1 Tablespoon, run the food processor and see if the mixture starts holding together. If not, add another tablespoon and blend again. You’ll likely only need to add 1-3 Tablespoons of water.
3. Once the mixture is holding together, transfer into the loaf pan lined with parchment. Fold the parchment over top and press the mixture evenly into the pan. Once even, add chocolate chunks and press those into the top of the mixture as well.
4. Place the mixture in the fridge to harden up (about 30 mins to 1 hour) before removing from pan and cutting into 5 bars.
5. Store bars in fridge for up to 1 week. Enjoy cold or at room temperature.
Recipe and photo courtesy of: Eating Bird Food