All of the flavors of your favorite burger with special sauce, without the guilt of a normal burger! This paleo deconstructed burger bowl is a dish everyone will love!!
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
1 tablespoon olive or avocado oil
1 pound ground beef
1 teaspoon salt, divided
1/2 teaspoon pepper, divided
3/4 teaspoon onion powder, divided
3/4 teaspoon garlic powder, divided
1 cup mayonnaise
1/4 tablespoon ketchup (sugar-free if possible) 3 teaspoon honey
2 teaspoons dijon mustard
2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
1/4 teaspoon paprika
About 8 cups romaine lettuce
1/2 cup diced pickles
1/4 cup diced onion
1 cup diced or sliced tomato
1 tablespoons sesame seeds
1. Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the ground beef and sauté.
2. Add the 1/2 teaspoon of the salt, 1/4 teaspoon of the pepper, 1/4 teaspoon of the onion powder, and 1/4 teaspoon of the garlic powder and mix into the beef.
3. Cook the beef until everything is cooked through and slightly browned, about 8 minutes total time.
4. While the beef cooks, mix together special sauce. Combine the mayo, ketchup, honey, dijon mustard, apple cider vinegar, paprika, and the remaining salt, pepper, onion powder, and garlic powder.
5. Dice the lettuce, pickles, onion and slice or dice the tomato.
6. To build the salad, layer equal quantities of lettuce, beef, special sauce, pickles, onion and tomatoes evenly between 4 bowls. Top with sesame seeds and serve.
Recipe and photo courtesy of: Physicalkitchness