When you’re looking for a cool weather breakfast idea try this Peanut Butter Banana Breakfast Pizza. This “pizza” is a healthy way to mix up the same old breakfast menu and try something new. It only takes about 15 minutes to prepare and requires very few ingredients!!
*Chickpea Flour can be made at home from dried chickpeas, purchased at Middle Eastern or Asian markets, or simply find it on Amazon. (See below for how to make Chickpea Flour at home.)
For the crust:
¼ cup chickpea flour
¼ cup almond milk
2 tsp pure maple syrup
½ tsp cinnamon
½ tsp vanilla extract
For the toppings:
1–2 tbsp creamy peanut butter
1 ripe banana, sliced
Drizzle of pure maple syrup
1. Heat a medium skillet sprayed with cooking spray over medium heat.
2. Whisk together the crust ingredients until smooth.
3. Pour batter into hot pan and cook for 4-6 minutes, or until firm and easy to flip.
4. Flip and cook for another few minutes, or until set.
5. Top with peanut butter, banana, toppings, and pure maple syrup.
*To make your own chickpea flour simply chose the amount of chickpeas you want to use and begin by grinding them in a food processor in small amounts. Once ground, sift the fine powder from the bits that didn’t completely grind. Place the unground bits into a spice or coffee bean grinder and grind the remaining mixture. Once fully ground, sift one more time to fully separate any last bits that aren’t quite ground and store your flour in an airtight container. *
Recipe and photo courtesy of: Hummusapien