Here’s a PERFECT recipe for hot summer nights when you don’t feel like turning the oven on!! Not only is it delicious but it’s CLEAN....mmmmm. 🍅🥒🍅🥒
Yields: 6 cups
Serving size: 3/4 cup
* 8 oz macaroni or penne pasta
* 2 cups tomatoes, chopped
* 2 cups cucumbers, peeled and chopped
* 3/4 cup red onion, chopped
* 3 Tablespoons balsamic vinegar
* 2 Tablespoons basil, minced
* 2 Tablespoons olive oil
* 1/2 teaspoon coconut sugar
* 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
* 1 1/2 teaspoons sea salt
1 Cook pasta according to package instructions. Drain and run cold water over cooked pasta to cool. Add drained pasta into a large bowl with tomatoes, cucumber, and onion.
2 Whisk together balsamic vinegar, basil, olive oil, coconut sugar, crushed red pepper and salt. Pour over salad ingredients and mix well. Refrigerate until cold. Serve.
Recipe and photo courtesy of : Eating Bird Food